Enea Junior Poznań Triathlon 2019 Competition Rules
I. The organizers
- Pono&Kai Sport & Event – the organizer
- Poznań City Hall – the strategic partner
- Poznan Sports and Recreational Centres – co-organizer
II. The objective
- Popularizing triathlon among kids as the versatile physical activity.
- Promoting physical activity and healthy lifestyle among children
- Promotion of the City of Poznań
- Promotion of Poznan Sports and Recreational Centres
III. Schedule and place
- Enea Junior Poznań Triathlon will take place on July 28rd (Thursday) between 10:00 and 15:30 (you can find full schedule on this website: juniorpoznantriathlon.pl)
- Competition office, start and finish lines are located on the grounds of „Chwiałka” Leisure Centre, Spychalskiego 34, 61-553 Poznań
- Starter kits will be given at the competition office. It will be open the day before competition (July 27nd , between 16:00 and 21:00) and on the day of the competition between 7.30 and 16.00.
- Swimming – the first part of the competition will take place at „Chwiałka” swimming pools
Junior 1 – wading through the fountain with parents support
Junior 2 –wading through the fountain with parents support
Junior 3 – in the swimming pool (1-meter deep). With the participation of parents/lifeguards
Junior 4 – in the swimming pool (1-meter deep)
Junior 5 – in the full-size swimming pool
Junior 6 – swimming in the full-size swimming pool
Cycling – the second part of the competition will take place on the grounds of „Chwiałka” Leisure Centre and in the adjacent Pope John Paul II Park.
Running – the third part of the competition will take place on the grounds of „Chwiałka” Leisure Centre
IV. Age groups, distances, time-keeping, results
- Junior 1 (1-2 years old) – 2017-2018
- Junior 2 (3-4 years old) – 2015-2016
- Junior 3 (5-6 years old) – 2013-2014
- Junior 4 (7-8 years old) – 2011-2012
- Junior 5 (9-10 years old) – 2009-2010
- Junior 6 (11-12 years old) – 2007-2008
- Junior 1- wading in the water 5 meters – cycling 20 meters using bike or other wheeled device – running/marching 10 meters
- Junior 2- wading in the water 5 meters – cycling 100 meters using bike or other wheeled device – running/marching 50 meters
- Junior 3 – swimming 25m – cycling 250m – running 100m
- Junior 4 – swimming 25m – cycling 250m- running 100m
- Junior 5- swimming 50m – cycling 1500m – running 400m
- Junior 6- swimming – 100m – cycling 1500m – running 400m
Junior 1 – During the whole competition children are allowed to start with participation of their parents or caretakers. The first part of the competition (swimming) will take place in the wading pool of the fountain. During the second part (cycling) kids can use every wheeled device (such as: small bike, child’s tricycle, child’s car and any other toys).
Junior 2 and 3
Swimming – 25m – in the 0,9 m deep swimming pool (any swimming technique is allowed – kids can use a swimming board or any other swimming float, they can also touch the bottom of the swimming pool with their feet, as well as they may swim with the support of their parents.
Cycling – bike, bike with four cycles, child’s bike
Running – no matter how, just forward J
Swimming – 25m – in the 0,9 m deep swimming pool (any swimming technique is allowed – kids can use a swimming board or any other swimming float)
Junior 5 i 6
Swimming in a Olympic-size swimming pool.
- During cycling competition children are obliged to wear fastened bicycle helmet. In the emergency of bike breakdown kids must immediately exit the bike course in order not to interrupt the race
- Electronic timekeeping system will be provided by a professional company
- Results will be published on the official website of the organizer within three days from the end of the competition (after the results will be confirmed by the main referee)
- The initial results will available just after the end of the competition at the competition office.
- Distances are given approximately
- The organizer reserve the right to change distances or, in case of bad weather, to conduct duathlon or running competition
V. Age categories and prizes
- Age categories:
- Junior 1 (1-2 years old)- 2017-2018 ,all participants are the winners
- Junior 2 (3-4 years old)- 2015-2016 ,all participants are the winners
- Junior 3 (5-6 years old)- 2013-2014 , places I-III boys and girls
- Junior 4 (7-8 years old)- 2011-2012 , places I-III boys and girls
- Junior 5 (9-10 years old)- 2009-2010 , places I-III boys and girls
- Junior 6 (11-12 years old)- 2007-2008 , places I-III boys and girls
- First three girls and boys from each age category (not applicable to the Junior 1 and Junior 2 categories – in these categories all participants are the winners) will receive small non-cash rewards, statuettes and diplomas
- Every participant who completes Enea Junior Poznań Triathlon will receive commemorative medal.
- Children may receive prizes only during the award ceremony which will take place just after the end of the competition. Prizes can’t be exchanged.
VI. Conditions of participation
- All children between 0-12 years old can participate in the competition providing that the application includes parent or legal guardian signature.
- The participants limit is 400 – in all age categories altogether
- The organizer reserves the right to change limits
- The organizer reserves the right to end the application process in case the number of participants will reach the limit
- All competitors must be verified at the competition office before the start
- During the verification process all participants should have identity card or other document which can prove their age and personal data.
- Parent/legal guardian by sending application attest that a child’s health state allow him/her to start in the competition, where intensity of physical activities may be extremely high. Parent/legal guardian also give his/her consent to a child’s start in the competition and does it on his/her own responsibility.
- In the unlikely case of giving first aid during the competition, any decisions of medical services, also when it comes to the competition itself, are binding and ultimate.
- All competitors registering by completing the application form via Internet confirm that they are familiar with Enea Junior Poznan Triathlon Competition Rules. Thereby they accept it and give their consent to publish their image and personal data in all promotional materials which the organizer uses to promote Enea Junior Poznan Triathlon. They also agree for processing their personal data for the purpose of conducting the competition, which includes: sending an email with the competition details, newsletter and all promotional materials.
VII. Application, start fee. Starter kits
- Applications are made by completing the form on the official website of Enea Junior Poznan Triathlon. All participants may apply until the June 20th. After that time application can be made only at the competition office on the start day, unless the limit of 400 participants is not reached.
- After sending the application form and paying the start fee a competitor will be put on the start list.
- The right to start in the competition have only the participants who filled in the application form, paid start fee and were put on the start list.
- Start fee
Untill 30.04.2019- 35 PLN
Untill 20.06.2019- 45 PLN
From 21.06. 2019 0n the day of competition day – 55 PLN
- Starter kit consists of:
bike stickers and helmet
gifts from sponsors
VIII. Protection of personal data
- Personal data will be processed for the purposes of conducting the competition such as: determining the winner, awarding, giving and receiving of the prizes.
- Personal data of Enea Junior Poznań Triathlon participants will be used in the Act of 10th May 2018 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws 2018 item 1000) and the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council ofof 27th April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR)
- The processing of the personal data, which is described in point 1 of this section, also includes publishing competitor’s name and surname, city of residence – in all ways the project will be published and spread.
- The competitor has right to inspect and change his/her personal data.
- Giving personal data and agreeing to processing it is voluntary, but without doing this participation in Enea Junior Poznań Triathlon is impossible. By sending to the organizer correctly filled in application form the participant agrees to his/her personal data being used for the future purposes, such as: informing about sport events and commercial products, sharing the personal data with partners and sponsors, inner management and analytical needs .
- All information, which concern participants, received by the organizer and put in the application form will be saved in electronic way and in all cases will be used –processed according to the Act of 10th May 2018 on the Protection of Personal Data (Journal of Laws 2018 item 1000) and the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council ofof 27th April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data (GDPR).
The organizer guarantees not to pass this information on to third parties.
7. The personal data shall be processed for an unlimited period.
8. The participants are entitled to a right to object processing their personal data, as well as a right of access, a right to rectify, a right to erasure, a right to restriction of processing or a right to object to processing.
9. The participants are entitled to a right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority – President of the Protection of Personal Data Office.
IX. Filing a complaint
- Letter of complaints together with justification regarding Enea Junior Poznań Triathlon should be sent within 7 seven days to the address of the organizer: PonoKai Sport & Event, Poznańskie Przedmieście 12a, 64-020 Czempiń or via e-mail: email@example.com
- Complaints sent after the time limit defined in point no. 1 of this section will not be considered.
- All complaints will be considered within 7 days from the date of receipt.
- The organizer’s decision on each claim will be ultimate.
X. Closing remarks
- The organizer reserves the right to cancel the competition due to occurrence of force majeure or exceptional circumstances. Force majeure is every incident which is extrinsic and immediate, and can not be prevented, especially: severe weather, natural disasters, state of emergency, war, act of terror, strikes, new law acts or any decisions of administrative authorities making the organization of the competition impossible.
- On the whole bike course competitor must wear bike helmet.
- In the emergency of bike breakdown children must immediately exit the bike course in order not to interrupt the start of other participants.
- The organizer provides professional medical service during the competition.
- Competitors may receive prizes only during the award ceremony which will take place just after the end of the competition
- In matters not covered by the Competition Rules decisions will be made by the Organizer.
- The final interpretation of the Competition Rules is solely granted to the Organizer.
- Parent/caretaker by sending application for his/her child declares that the technical condition of competitor’s bike is good, and that the bike itself will not be the reason of any dangerous situations for all participants.
- The organizer is not responsible for any material goods left unattended on the grounds of „Chwiałka” Leisure Centre.
- Each participant is obliged to obey the Competition Rules, to follow the instructions of the Organizer and all services, which provides sense of security during the competition.
- Any questions regarding Enea Junior Poznań Triathlon should be send to an e-mail address: firstname.lastname@example.org